Monday, August 15, 2011

The Tongue

The kids were in bed. At least, they were supposed to be. Victor came running out of his room crying, "Kedrick hit me in the head with his head!"
Kedrick is notorious for head-butting.
I asked Victor what he did to provoke the attack.
Victor said, "I stuck my tongue out, like this." He then proceeded to make a very silly face.
I called Kedrick. He came running out.
"Did you hit Victor?" I asked.
"Yes."
"Why?"
"Victor stuck his tongue out at me."
"So you hit him???"
"Yes! Remember the rule..."
He then quoted a memory verse he learned years ago, very sincerely,
"Keep your tongue from evil."
I started laughing so hard I couldn't hide it. He ran and grabbed his book of memory verses, looked up the verse and showed it to me.
I explained to him the proper interpretation of that verse and that it is never okay to hit someone.
But I have to admit, I was impressed with his rather creative application of that verse.

The boys debated over whether Victor's tongue face was mean or silly. Victor went and grabbed a book on expressions, opened it up to the silly page, and pointed to a picture of the exact silly face he had when he stuck his tongue out at Kedrick. I think he proved his point. I have to admit, his face was pretty silly.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! Your boys are so resourceful...and just like their Mama...always have a reliable source to back up their case!!! Only logical arguments in the Lasater home!

    ReplyDelete