Thursday, March 4, 2010

Two Month Checkup

Eva had her two month checkup yesterday. It was our third time at the doctor in five days. She was diagnosed with RSV earlier this week, but made a miraculous recovery and now just has occasional coughing fits. The baby beds at the hospital are full of babies with RSV. I'm so thankful Eva isn't one of them.
She was healthy enough yesterday to get her immunizations. She cried and cried. I think her feelings were hurt. When we got home, I was taking her out of her car seat and she looked up at me with big, teary eyes; her expression asking, "Mom? How could you allow this?" I gave her some sweet sympathy and she started crying again. So sad!

Here are the stats.
Weight: 12 pounds, 9 oz, 90th percentile
Height: 23 1/4 inch., 50th percentile
Head Circumference: 38 cm, 30th percentile

She is much bigger than the boys were at 2 months, but keeps with the Lasater tradition of small heads.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah Eva! She has to be bigger to keep up with her big brothers. And so she won't be bounced off the big slide at Monkey Bizness by her daddy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Praise God for her quick recovery! I didn't know she was so sick, poor little thing! Just love that little one.

    ReplyDelete