Eva is three-months-old. She has become very responsive, especially to me. I just look at her and she smiles and giggles. She is very attached to me and can be quite grumpy when I'm out of sight. I have intensely enjoyed the baby stage, but I must confess that I am anxious for her to start walking and talking. I can't wait to discover more of her little personality.
With a chuckle and a wink, Damie describes her as follows...
"Eva knows exactly what she wants - but she won't tell you. You just have to keep guessing until you get it right."
This sums her up perfectly, and of course, Damie playfully jokes that she is a reflection of her mom.
Eva is sleeping well; one six-hour stretch and a couple of three-hour stretches. She insists on going to bed promptly at 9:00. I don't even have to look at my watch to know its her bed time.
She is very strong. She can hold her head up very well during tummy-time. When I hold her hands and pull her into a sitting position, she also holds her head up. She can track an object 180 degrees. She's a genius!
Yesterday, my mom and I read through my mom's journal of when I was a baby. It was fun to compare Eva to me as a baby, then to compare me and my mom. Eva is a lot like me and I'm a lot like my mom. I pray that I will be as good a mom to Eva as my mom is to me.
Victor is having a hard time. Fortunately he doesn't take it out on Eva. He genuinely loves her. But he has been acting out to get my attention. After cuddling with him multiple times throughout the day yesterday, Victor came up to me and said, "Mom, you never snuggle with me!" He is obviously feeling a bit insecure.
I don't think Eva looks that different from a month ago, but here are some pics.
Her grimace
Her smile
The boys reading Eva a story
Her look of adoration, reserved only for mom
Sticking her tongue out
Watching her hand
A few cute tummy-time pictures
(Beware: these will give you an irresistible urge to kiss her cheeks!)
Steph, she is just sooo cute! She is so strong too! Elsa can't get her head up that high during tummy time! Can't wait to see you guys again soon. Love ya!
ReplyDelete