I was in the car waiting as Damie ran into a store. The boys were nestled in the back of the van, safely buckled into their car seats. Victor was sleeping. Kedrick started singing his Christmas program song...
"Nothing is impossible with God, with God.
Nothing is impossible with God."
I enjoyed listening to him for a while, thinking how cool it is that he is learning such amazing things about God at such a young age. Then I started thinking about what he was singing.
Nothing is impossible with God.
Do I really believe that? Is God big enough to heal my marriage, which after three pregnancies, is hanging by a thread? Is He big enough to restore hope where hope has been lost? Or to give back to me the years of my life that were wasted by bad decisions?
Isn't that what Christmas is all about? A God who came to bridge the gap between God and man. A God who does whatever it takes to draw near to us. What impossibilities are you facing this Christmas season? Job loss? Bills that can't be paid? A broken relationship? A lost dream? Hopelessness? Illness? Addiction? Sin? Jesus came to heal the broken hearted, to set the captives free, to restore what the enemy has stolen...and most importantly, to draw us close to him.
Dare to really believe this season that NOTHING is impossible with God.
"So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most."
--Heb 4:16 NLT
Steph, that is beautiful. Thank you for your honesty. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDeleteJan
Praise God for His truth being proclaimed. Thanks for the challenge Steph.
ReplyDeleteAmen! I love you Steph.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautifully written piece. I love you Steph! Thanks for the reminder of who it is we are celebrating this Christmas. And thanks for the encouragement!
ReplyDelete