How crazy is that? To keep an owie. To hold on to it, claiming it as MINE. To let it fester and spread, causing more and more pain.
I pondered Victor's cry. How true it is in my life! My owies are emotional pains; the hurts, disappointments, and offenses that I keep close to my heart, not wanting to let go. Not wanting to allow the God of the Universe, the Great Physician, who loves me beyond measure, to come in and heal my owies. I want to keep them! They are mine!
How foolish I am.
So today is a new day! Today I take off the bandages that I've used to hide my owies. Today I allow God to apply his love as a healing ointment to my wounds. Today I abandon foolishness. Today the healing begins!
Wow Steph, how true that is for all of us! I pray that new life springs forth for you today. :)
ReplyDeleteWOW!!! How insightful!! What lessons these little ones teach us! Thanks for the timeless lesson!! (Steph & Victor!)
ReplyDeleteI love this Steph....your softness is testimony to a God-sent revelation. May this lesson of Victor's owie be a lesson for us all. I love you!!!
ReplyDelete