We've been working FOREVER on potty training. Both boys are completely uninterested, although Kedrick is absolutely capable. They often say, "I don't like to use the potty." In fact, they say it every time I encourage them to use it (every 20 minutes or so).
It doesn't matter what crazy things I do to make it fun (constantly making a fool of myself) or how extravagant the bribe.
Regardless of their complaints, in this video it seems clear they are having a good time. I particularly like the shoulder moves.
There were no Tootsie Rolls given out that day. Although, I now often hear the song being sung by the boys as they play. Pretty catchy...in a really horrible way.
Oh dear Steph....you have my DEEPEST admiration. You are so persevering and try so hard. And I now have you to thank for this song that just won't leave my head!!!! I have to say that this video has been worth all your troubles in this potty training deal. Though, I'm pretty sure you don't feel the same. :o)
ReplyDeleteWe sure enjoyed your song!!! Riley said he earned a tootsie roll today-ha ha! Keep it up! You're doing great. Keep it up! "Go Kedrick and Victor!!! You can do it!" Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteI Love It !!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE Victor's drums!! I LOVE your enthusiasm during the "...and if I do I'll get a tootsie roll!!!!" part of the song!
ReplyDeleteI can feel your desperation!!!!
All I can say to encourage you is, they won't be in diapers when they're 10...it WILL happen!!!
Good Job Mom!!
"Let us not grow weary in doing good, for at the proper time we shall reap a harvest if we do not give up." Gal. 6:9
ReplyDeleteI have child training (including potty training) to thank for the memorization of this verse. So, I can relate to your despair AND I admire the way you not only persevere, but persevere cheerfully with song!! I'm not going to listen again or I'll get it in my head like Jen.
What a blessing to them you are!