Thursday, June 18, 2009

Vacation Post #2: Our Final Trip to the Oregon Coast

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." --Rom 8:28

We left Portland and headed to the Coast. Nancy hooked us up with a great deal on a condo. And it was nice to have some downtime with just our immediate little family.
It was overcast and windy so we bought kites and flew them on the beach. The kids loved the ocean and splashed around in the waves and dug in the sand with dad.
A couple of years ago, we returned home from the Oregon Coast on a Sunday night. Damie returned to work the following morning only to turn around and come home. He had lost his job! So, once again, we returned home from our vacation on a Sunday night. Bright and early Monday morning I had a conference call for work and found out that my position had been eliminated! I'm not superstitious but I think we may hesitate before planning another trip to the coast.
We have been through enough trials in the past 11 years to know with confidence that what seems bad, God always turns around for good. I can't imagine what our life would be like if we didn't have those trials! We have been so blessed through all of them.
And it is already easy to see that losing my job is a blessing. I was working more and more and spending less and less time doing what I love: being a wife and mom. We had talked often about me quitting and were waiting on God for his perfect timing. He revealed it! But this way I got a nice, big severance package. And we know that God provides us with all that we need.
I'm so excited to be a stay-at-home mom 100%!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Steph!!!! You put it so well when you said, "We have been through enough trials in the past 11 years to know with confidence that what seems bad, God always turns around for good." God is the same yesterday, today and forever. How wonderful that we can put our faith and trust in HIm alone. I am excited for you to be able to focus solely on the task before you of being wife and mom to 3 (three!!!) kids.

    ReplyDelete