The boys have been wanting to see a rainbow, for a long time.
They've seen them in pictures. They've seen them on TV. But they've never seen a real one.
We've driven around after storms hoping to catch a glimpse.
I finally just gave up. I figured the view from our house must not be one prone to rainbow sightings.
Today we were driving to church and Kedrick looked out at the cloudy sky and told me that he really wanted to see a rainbow. I sighed, then told him to ask God to let him see a rainbow today. He prayed a sweet prayer asking God to show him a rainbow.
This afternoon, we were packing up the stroller for a walk around the neighborhood, when I heard Kedrick yell, "A rainbow!" I thought he was pretending. I stepped out from the garage and looked up. There was a beautiful, complete rainbow. The boys sat in the driveway and looked at the rainbow until we were ready to leave.
As we started our walk, they both looked up and said, "Thank you God, for the rainbow!"
This isn't a great picture, but here it is, the boys' first rainbow sighting:
No comments:
Post a Comment